I’ve been pleased overall with my Spark diaper bag by Skip Hop, but as my son has gotten older it seems that the bag has gotten smaller. I’ve also become exceedingly annoyed with the Velcro fasteners used on the Spark. Diapers stick to it, toys stick to it, soft cozy knitted blankets stick to it, random fuzzies stick to it. And it makes a particularly loud “rip” sound when being pulled opened at quiet places, such as church. I happened to visit Skip Hop’s website, where they are flaunting their latest diaper bag design, the “Studio Tote“. I think I’m in love.
Shown in Champagne
This bag looks like it has everything I had wanted back when I was pregnant and obsessing over diaper bags. It’s simple, yet stylish. It’s sophisticated. It’s large. It has plenty of pockets. It doesn’t scream DIAPER BAG. It has little feet to elevate it off the ground, a feature I love on any bag. And it’s something that my husband would might not be dreadfully embarassed to be seen in public with (although the Spark still holds a definite advantage over the Studio in this regard). To be specific, the Studio Tote has these wonderful features:
- 14 pockets & zip-top closure (big enough for most laptops)
- Zip pocket protected by Agion®
- Two roomy insulated side bottle pockets
- Quilted cushioned changing pad
- Water-resistant inside & out
- PVC-free, eco-friendly materials
- Snap-down front pocket lets you stash a blanket/bib underneath
- Nickel feet keep STUDIO off the ground & scuff-free
- Hangs neatly on a stroller & can be worn over the shoulder
- Contrasting lining makes it easy to find what you need
- Dimensions (inches): 17 wide x 12 tall x 6 deep (43.2 X 30.5 X 15.2 CM)
The bag is available in four neutral colors: Black, Dark Gray, Chocolate and Champagne.
At about $89.00, it’s a bit pricey for a diaper bag. But then again, if the quality is there and it functions well, it would be worth its weight in gold. I’ve always been a fan of big bags, and I could see myself using this even after my son is well out of diapers. I think this might be splurge-worthy.
DISCLOSURE: This website is monetized with affiliate links. I earn a small percentage of the sales price when visitors make purchases through affiliate links. Thank you for your support!