Today I’m sharing one of my family’s favorite go-to recipes that I’ve been making for years. I call these Baked Egg Rolls because the filling bears some resemblance, but that’s really where the likeness ends. I wasn’t sure what else to call them!
Flavorful meat, veggies, and melty cheese all wrapped up in a tortilla that’s crispy on the outside…I bet even your picky eaters might like to give this a try.
Here’s a step-by-step with photos. The printable recipe is at the end of the post. Enjoy!
Baked Egg Rolls
Coat a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium. Halve and then thinly slice 14 oz. smoked (fully cooked) Andouille sausage. Kielbasa, other smoked sausages, or chicken sausage also work very well.
Add the sausage to the skillet and heat for a few minutes until slightly browned, and the fat has rendered a bit. Add pre-packaged coleslaw mix, cooking until the veggies are wilted and tender, stirring frequently.
Spoon filling onto whole wheat tortillas and sprinkle with grated cheese of your choice (I used pepper jack this time).
Roll like a burrito, folding ends over first.
Brush a sheet pan with olive oil and place the rolls on the pan, fold side down.
Brush the rolls with olive oil.
Bake in a preheated 410 degree oven for ten minutes or so — until lightly browned.
Serve warm with salsa (and sour cream is great, too).
Easy Baked Egg Rolls
Author: Jennifer Roberts - Jen Spends Less
Recipe type: Dinner
- 14 oz. fully cooked Andouille sausage
- 5 cups (about ⅔ 14-oz. package) coleslaw mix
- 6 oz. grated cheese (such as Monterey Jack or cheddar)
- 10-pack fajita sized whole wheat tortillas
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 410 F.
- Halve and then thinly slice sausage.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and heat sausage on medium until slightly browned.
- Add coleslaw mix to the skillet and cook until wilted and tender, stirring frequently.
- Divide sausage and cabbage mix between 10 tortillas. Sprinkle the filling with grated cheese.
- Fold tortillas like a burrito, folding the ends over before rolling.
- Brush or spray a sheet pan with olive oil and place rolls on the pan fold side down.
- Brush or spray rolls with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until the rolls have slightly browned.
- Serve warm with salsa and/or sour cream.
DISCLOSURE: This website is monetized with affiliate links. I earn a small percentage of the sales price when visitors make purchases through affiliate links. Thank you for your support!